Scholarships from the Dr. R. Orin Cornett Scholarship Fund are NOT awarded based on financial need, hearing levels, or use of a cochlear implant. Scholarships ARE awarded based on the following criteria:
- The candidate has used/uses Cued Speech as their primary mode of communication.
- NCSA’s mission, vision and goals (see Where We Stand) have been and will continue to be represented by the candidate.
- The candidate will be an advocate for the use of Cued Speech for language, learning, and literacy.
- Every application will be considered on the basis of their accomplishments including how they have represented the mission of NCSA and the use of Cued Speech. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Carol Shuler Scholarship candidates must reside in the West Region (Arizona, Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah or Washington).
- Download the application form [.docx] and letter of reference instructions [.docx]. Review all instructions carefully. Two letters of reference are required for a complete application.
- Share the letter of reference instructions with those who will be providing your references. Give them enough time to review the requirements and write their reference letter.
- Upload the completed application form and other required documents using the first form below. People submitting a letter of reference on your behalf will use the second form at the bottom of this page.
The deadline to submit applications and letters of reference has been extended to May 15, 2021. Applicants will be notified in June.
If you have any questions or issues, please email us.
Upload Student Application and Required Documents
Upload Letter of Reference
This form is for people submitting a letter of reference on behalf of a student applying for a scholarship.